Nielbo, K.L., Schjoedt, U. & Sørensen, J. (2013). "Hierarchical Organization of Segmentation in Non-Functional Action Sequences." Journal for the Cognitive Science of Religion. 1(1).
- B.A., Study of Religion, University of Copenhagen, Dept. of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies, 2006
- M.A., Study of Religion, Aarhus University, Dept. of the Study of Religion, 2010
- Ph.D, School of Culture and Society, Aarhus University, 2012
- 2017-: Associate Professor of Humanities Computing, Dept. of History, University of Southern Denmark
- 2015-17: Associate Professor, School of Culture & Society, Aarhus University
- 2012-15: Postdoc, joint position between IMC, Aarhus University, and CERC, University of British Columbia
- 2017- : University of Southern Denmarks eScience Committee (@ Abacus 2.0)
- 2016-2019: Advisory Board for the Simulating Religion Project
- 2016-2017: AU Arts’ representative in AU eScience committee
- 2015-2017: Administrator of Digital Text Laboratory, Aarhus University
- 2015-2017: Head of Digital Arts Initiative, Aarhus University
- 2014- : WP Member of Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities (DARIAH)
- 2017: Instructor in Software Carpentry and Data Carpentry
- 2016: Fellow at Institute of Pure and Applied Mathematics, University of California Los Angeles, USA
- 2015: Visiting researcher at University of British Columbia, Asian Centre, Canada
- 2014: Visiting researcher at Tel-Aviv University, Dept. of Zoology, Israel
- 2014: NIH training in Protecting Human Research Participants, Aarhus University
- 2014: Cascades inside our Data (scaling relations and multifractality), Aarhus University
- 2013: R Intro for Mixed Models, Aarhus University
- 2013: Implementation of Recurrence Quantification Analysis on Real-World Data of All Kinds,Aarhus University
- 2012: Teachers Training Programme, Aarhus University
- 2012: Agent-based Simulation of Human Behavior, University of Copenhagen
- 2011: Sequence Alignment Methods Inspired by Dynamical Systems, Aarhus University
- 2010: Visiting researcher at Washington University Saint Louis, Dept. of Psychology, USA
- 2010: Advanced Quantitative Methods, University of Copenhagen
- 2008: Calculus 1-2, Aarhus University, Dept. of Mathematical Science, Aarhus University
- 2006: Cognitive Semiotics, Aarhus University, Center of Semiotics, Denmark
- Markup (LaTeX, Markdown)
- Script (MATLAB, Python, R, basic Shell Scripting)
- Tools (Atom, Git, RapidMiner)
Grants and Awards
- 2017: Danish e-Infrastructure Cooperation: Semantic Disruptions in Public Discourse, DKK 100,000, (main applicant).
- 2017: Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education: Calculus of Culture, DKK 275,000, (main applicant).
- 2016-19: Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education: Unearned Wealth - A Literary History of Inheritance (1600-2015), 5,870,000 DKK, (co-applicant).
- 2016: Institute of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Fellowship, University of California, Los Angeles.
- 2015: Aarhus University Strategical Funding for Education, DKK 30,000, (main applicant).
- 2015: Aarhus University Research Foundation (AUFF): Digital Text Laboratory, DKK 60,000, (main applicant).
- 2015-17: The Andrew Mellon Foundation: Mapping Literary Influences, DKK 270,000, (co-applicant).
- 2014-15: Interacting Minds Centre, Seed Funding: Timing is of essence, DKK 65,000, (main applicant).
- 2012-15: The Evolution of Religion and Morality: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), DKK 18,400,000, (supported by).
- 2012: Aarhus University Research Foundation (AUFF) PhD to Postdoc Transition Scholarship for Talented PhDs, DKK 75,000.
- 2010: Danish Ministry of Science’s Elite Researcher (EliteForsk) Stipend, DKK 300,000.
- 2008-12: Full PhD Scholarship, DKK 1,600,000.
Prediction Error During Functional and Non-Functional Action Sequences: A Computational Exploration of Ritual and Ritualized Event Processing
Nielbo, K.L. & Sørensen, J. (2013). "Prediction Error During Functional and Non-Functional Action Sequences: A Computational Exploration of Ritual and Ritualized Event Processing." Journal of Cognition and Culture. 13.
Attentional resource allocation and cultural modulation in a computational model of ritualized behavior
Nielbo, K.L. & Sørensen, J. (2016). "Attentional resource allocation and cultural modulation in a computational model of ritualized behavior." Religion, Brain and Behavior. 6(4).
Talk at Institute of Complexity Science and Big Data Technology, Guangxi University, Nanning, China
Talk at SDU eScience Center, Odense, Denmark
Tutorial at Danish School of Education, Emdrup, Denmark
Talk at University of Southern Denmark, Dept. of History, Odense, Denmark
Workshop at Center for Language Technology, Copenhagen
talk at Centre for Data Intensive Sciences and Applications (DISA), Växjö, Sverige
Talk at Institute of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Culture Analytics, Los Angeles
Talk at , University of Southern Denmark, Kolding, DK
Talk at History group meeting, Brussels
Talk at Institute of Automation - Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing
Talk at University of Southern Denmark, Kolding
Tutorial at Department of Comparative Literature and Rhetoric, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Workshop at DHN 2018, Helsinki
talk at DHN 2018, Helsinki
talk at DIGHUMLAB Strategy Input, Copenhagen
talk at Digital Literacy, Middelfart, Denmark
Service and leadership
- Currently signed in to 43 different slack teams